LOCATION: Portland, OR
SALARY: $42,000-$45,000 DOE
HOURS: Full-time, flexible hours required
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues is a social services agency working in partnership with the Portland area community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people experience health, wellbeing, and a self-determined home. We understand that racism, poverty, and experiences of oppression lead to social injustice and housing instability for youth. Due to current and historical exploitation and racism, youth of color are disproportionally impacted. In order to advance equity at New Avenues and fulfill our mission, we must address how privilege has shaped our organizational culture, policies, and practices.
New Avenues believes equity is an ongoing commitment without closure; in taking risks, we will learn from our mistakes. We will listen to and learn from young people’s lived experiences. We will seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to simplify or silence hard truths. We make these commitments because we believe in social justice and the inherent human dignity of each individual.
Under the guidance of New Avenues Housing Manager, the Transitional Housing Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the agency’s downtown residential housing facility. This includes management of daily operations and supervision/training of staff, volunteers and interns. The position is also responsible for development and implementation of programming, management of program budget, managing contracts, grants, and requirements from Oregon Youth Authority and Department of Human Services; scheduling of staff; and maintenance of facilities. In addition, the Transitional Housing Manager is responsible for ensuring residents are receiving appropriate independent living skills training, guidance, and services; all within the agency’s mission and goals. This position will maintain a safe and supportive multicultural environment for homeless youth and motivate youth to explore and accept alternatives to street life.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or social work, OR a minimum of two years of experience working with high-risk, marginalized youth required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with high-risk youth and/or in a residential facility
- A minimum of 2 years of experience program management and supervision experience
- Ability to work with highly diverse staff and youth from varied cultural, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Skills and Knowledge:
- Desire and ability to work with highly diverse staff and youth from varied cultural, racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Demonstrated knowhow to develop and monitor program budgets
- Utilization of an Assertive Engagement approach and a Trauma Informed Care lens when working with youth
- Willingness to provide after-hours crisis support for New Avenues programs as needed
- Ability to effectively lead staff meet ups in regard to resident contracts, re-entry, discipline, mediation, and program-level status
- Knowhow to ensure that staff and program are in compliance with all County, DHS and OYA requirements
- Ability to routinely communicate with Oregon Youth Authority Parole Officers, DHS Child Welfare workers, and Licensing and Compliance Officials
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
New Avenues for Youth offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com