New Avenues is hiring two supervisors:
Hire One: Part-time, Saturday and Sunday, 6am to 6pm
Hire Two: Part-time, Saturday and Sunday, 6pm to 6am (overnight)
Rate of Pay: $19.25 – $21.00/hour
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
The Youth Residential Program Supervisor works at New Avenues Robinswood Residential Housing, for multicultural foster care youth ages 7-20 awaiting placement. Working under the Clinical Care Manager, this position is responsible for providing support and guidance to the Youth Advocate staff while seeing that resident’s basic needs are met. This includes but is not limited to planning and executing activities, supporting mental health and treatment plans, overseeing medication compliance, and ensuring the health and safety of both staff and residents. The position also includes orchestrating and assisting with some general facility cleaning and upkeep. The ideal person for this position is trauma informed, confident, decisive, compassionate, and demonstrates a sound understanding of diverse challenges that will accompany this role.
Education & Experience:
• A minimum of two years of experience working with high-risk and/or volatile youth in a challenging setting
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in psychology or social work preferred
Knowledge & Skills:
• Ability to work with highly diverse staff and youth from varied cultural, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office programs Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Ability to swiftly build trust and rapport with youth to effectively assist in their daily activities
• Ability to support and maintain a safe environment, emotionally and physically, for all youth residents
• Proven aptitude for facilitating youth groups and activities
• Desire to foster equity, work with diverse staff, and excel in a multi-cultural environment
• Exceptional patience and sensitivity
• Applicants are required to have a valid driver’s license
• Bilingual English/Spanish speaking a plus
To apply, indicate the position AND which shift you are applying for and send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at newavenues.org. Please be sure to indicate where you came across this opportunity. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org