Hours: Full Time
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
Working at our Robinswood residential facility serving foster-care youth ages 9-20 awaiting placement, the Clinical Supervisor provides clinical supervision, clinical training, professional development, and supervision for the clinical team. This includes the QMHP/Clinical Case Managers; Clinical Case Aides; and/or Clinical Interns. The Clinical Supervisor works with the Youth Villages Intercept team to ensure mental health and crisis support coverage for eligible youth and assists to identify other external mental health supports for those deemed ineligible. This individual also works with the Robinswood management team to review all referrals, assess referral packet materials, and participate in thoughtful decision-making for acceptance into program.
The Clinical Supervisor also provides guidance to on-site teachers and instructors relative to individual youth service plans, developmental challenges, or other relevant clinical details. The Clinical Supervisor is a part of the Robinswood leadership team, working alongside the Director, Clinical Care Manager, and Residential Supervisor team.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Desire to work with diverse staff and youth and excel in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to conduct a mental health assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM is preferred;
- Understand evidence-based practices and strength-based case management philosophies and strategies, including trauma-informed care
- Ability to operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions, including the ability to operate a client management database and electronic health record
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in social work or related field
- Meets qualifications of a QMHP per OAR 309-019-0125
- Meets qualifications of a Clinical Supervisor per OAR 309-019-0125
- A minimum two years of experience providing mental health counseling and skill-building services for a wide developmental range of adolescents and youth
- Experience with crisis intervention, including training on non-violent de-escalation and CPI or similar hands-on intervention; and
- Prior knowledge and experience working with Department of Human Services and/or foster care providers.
New Avenues for Youth offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com