Location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $43,000-$45,000 DOE
Hours: Full-time, flexible hours required
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
The role of the Engagement Manager is to provide management and supervision of the Drop In program, including management of daily operations, supervision of staff, volunteers and interns; and the development and implementation of engagement activities. This position will manage the program budget, contract, food services, and scheduling for Drop In staff. They are responsible for managing risk and will work closely with other program departments. They also play a key role in communication, outreach and collaboration amongst other community providers.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Manage day to day operation of our Drop In Center
- Provide weekly supervision to program staff and volunteers
- Provide overall organizational leadership and support integration of engagement services across all agency programs
- Develop and coordinate basic needs services along with recreational, educational and health related engagement activities
- Monitor required tracking and documentation of program and outcomes
- Work closely with providers in the Homeless Youth Continuum
- Participate in organization’s Equity work
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master Degree preferred; however will consider lived and professional experience in place of degree
- Two years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with homeless or at-risk youth
- Bi-lingual and bi-culturally competent preferred
- Two years of program management experience preferred
New Avenues for Youth offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org