Location: Portland, OR
Hours: Full-time, flexible hours required
Rate of Pay: $44,000-$47,000 DOE
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
The Employment Manager provides management and supervision of the New Avenues PAVE (Promoting Avenues to Employment) program. This includes managing daily operations and providing supervision to direct staff, volunteers and interns. This position is also responsible for the development and implementation of job training and education services, integration of job training and educational programming throughout agency programs, and development of extensive business partnerships with a broad range of subsidized and unsubsidized employment and training opportunities. As included are managing program budgets, contracts and contract funding requirements, and outcomes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Manages day to day operation of the PAVE program
- Develops and supervises the PAVE program in accordance with agency mission and goals and in adherence with contract requirements
- Provides overall leadership in program development, integration and implementation of job training, education and post-secondary services
- Works closely with managers across New Avenues programs to coordinate employment services for all youth and ensure program alignment
- Ability to successfully develop and monitor program budgets
- Oversees curriculum development and implementation
- Willingness to coordinates hiring, scheduling, and training of staff and volunteers
- Collaborates with PAVE team to oversee groups, events and outings
- Promotes and develops creative opportunities with employers for a continuum of work and learning activities for youth (i.e. field trips, job shadowing, project based learning opportunities, employer presentations, internships, paid work experience, etc.) and unsubsidized short and long term job placements
- Willingness to act as an agency representative/ambassador in various community forums, including community business associations to network and develop employment opportunities for youth
- Ability to provide rotating agency crisis cell phone coverage for after hours and weekends
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive staff morale
- Bilingual and bi-culturally competent a plus
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, public administration, business, or other relevant field, OR equivalent work experience
- Vocational/educational training experience
- Experience working with homeless and/or at-risk youth
- Prior supervisory experience
- Experience with WIOA Department of Labor funding, outcomes, and data processes preferred
New Avenues for Youth offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at newavenues.org. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com