LOCATION: Portland Area
SALARY: $50,000-$60,000 DOE
HOURS: Full-time, flexible hours required
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues is a social services agency working in partnership with the Portland area community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people experience health, wellbeing, and a self-determined home. We understand that racism, poverty, and experiences of oppression lead to social injustice and housing instability for youth. Due to current and historical exploitation and racism, youth of color are disproportionally impacted. In order to advance equity at New Avenues and fulfill our mission, we must address how privilege has shaped our organizational culture, policies, and practices.
New Avenues believes equity is an ongoing commitment without closure; in taking risks, we will learn from our mistakes. We will listen to and learn from young people’s lived experiences. We will seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to simplify or silence hard truths. We make these commitments because we believe in social justice and the inherent human dignity of each individual.
The New Avenues Project Manager position provides project management and development support to the Executive Director and the Executive Team at New Avenues. The Project Manager works very closely with the Executive Director to successfully navigate and execute the various operational commitments, endeavors, and projects underway at the agency. With minimal instruction, this individual is able to achieve the desired outcomes related to each undertaking. The ideal candidate for this position has experience with strategic planning and implementation, development and delivery of training, social service program design and implementation, and working with diverse stakeholder groups. In addition, this person operates with a sense of urgency, is decisive, and highly resourceful.
Experience and Education:
- Three years of independent project management experience preferred. Will consider candidates with lived and/or social services experience that are professionally prepared to take on a project management and program development role.
- Prior experience with Compliance/Quality Assurance and the Continuous Improvement Process
- Prior experience training and overseeing staff outcomes
- Experience with strategic writing (public/private grant writing, persuasive written communications, etc.)
- Experience with behavioral/mental health program development and oversight
Skills and Knowledge:
- Detail oriented; ability to track and organize large amount of data
- Proven inclusive workstyle and commitment to advancing equity
- Background with identification and vetting opportunities
- Expressed interest in developing and overseeing team efforts that support a positive team culture
New Avenues for Youth offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org