LOCATION: Portland Area
SALARY: $50,000-$60,000 DOE
HOURS: Full-time, some evenings and weekends required
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues is a social services agency working in partnership with the Portland area community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people experience health, wellbeing, and a self-determined home. We understand that racism, poverty, and experiences of oppression lead to social injustice and housing instability for youth. Due to current and historical exploitation and racism, youth of color are disproportionally impacted. In order to advance equity at New Avenues and fulfill our mission, we must address how privilege has shaped our organizational culture, policies, and practices.
New Avenues believes equity is an ongoing commitment without closure; in taking risks, we will learn from our mistakes. We will listen to and learn from young people’s lived experiences. We will seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to simplify or silence hard truths. We make these commitments because we believe in social justice and the inherent human dignity of each individual.
The Program Manager for CSEC/Sex Trafficking Services works with New Avenues staff and community partners to identify and serve youth ages 12-25 that are at risk of, or currently being, sexually exploited or trafficked. The person will play a key role in developing and implementing a new, innovative, adaptable, Survivor-Centered, co-advocacy, program model serving youth across Multnomah County. Service delivery will include prevention, outreach and early intervention, crisis response, youth support and advocacy, community education/training, housing and shelter coordination, alcohol and drug recovery, and mental health support. This manager will work closely with Multnomah County and funded partners to provide a county wide response and service model for commercially and sexually exploited youth.
Experience and Education:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field (LCSW preferred), OR equivalent education and experience
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory and program management experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with at-risk youth
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the child welfare system and juvenile justice system required
- Understanding of the issues of exploitation, substance abuse, mental health, trauma, developmental disability, abuse and adolescent development
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Stages of Change, and Assertive Engagement, and an ability to bring a clinical lens to inform staff’s approach to this work
- Ability and desire to work with diverse staff and youth, and excel in a multi-cultural environment
- Bi-lingual and bi-culturally competent preferred
- Must have reliable access to an automobile and valid driver’s license
New Avenues for Youth offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com