Location: Portland, OR
Rate of Pay: $32,500 -$35,000 DOE
New Avenues for Youth, a Portland Non-Profit organization, owns and operates a screen-printing shop, New Avenues INK, in the NW Pearl District. In addition to providing top-quality screen-printed apparel to local businesses and organizations, this shop provides job training and employment opportunities for foster, at-risk, and homeless youth in New Avenues for Youth’s programs.
New Avenues for Youth Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
The Customer Support Specialist leads in ensuring an exceptional customer experience for every customer and assisting the New Avenues INK team with daily operations and objectives. The job requires a blend of skill, strong communication, and dedication. Below is a sample of the job duties for this position:
- Lead the team in delivering exceptional customer service
- Respond to customer inquiries promptly via online contact forms, direct emails, walk-in, and calls
- Generate quotes and estimates using vendor websites and pricing tools
- Gather order information, create customer invoices, and monitor payment
- Maintain close communication with Operations Manager and team about customer orders
- Coordinate graphic design projects with graphic design team and customer
- Build customer loyalty by creating quarterly newsletters and maintaining frequent connection with customer list
- Support website and social media account updates
Skills & Knowledge:
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant customer service experience
- Strong initiative, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic proficiency with digital tools such as QuickBooks and Trello
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to work with diverse staff in a multi-cultural environment
- experience in the screen printing or the apparel industry a plus
New Avenues offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org