Location: Portland, OR
Rate of Pay: $31,200
Hours: Full-time, some Saturdays required
New Avenues for Youth, a Portland Non-Profit organization, owns and operates a screen-printing shop, New Avenues INK, in the NW Pearl District. In addition to providing top-quality screen-printed apparel to local businesses and organizations, this shop provides job training and employment opportunities for foster, at-risk, and homeless youth in New Avenues for Youth’s programs.
New Avenues for Youth Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
This Manual Screen Printer is responsible for supporting the Operations Manager with production duties such as multi-color printing, screen reclaim, custom ink mixing, equipment and shop maintenance, shipping and receiving, and other industry-related tasks. This position will periodically require customer service duties and supportive training to youth staff.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years of manual screen printing experience
- Proven experience in a dynamic, volume-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize effectively
- Must be able to work independently on a schedule, meet deadlines and produce consistent, quality prints
- Exceptional level of patience and desire to effectively mentor and train multi-cultural youth
- Exceptional level of patience and desire
- Interest in contributing to the growth of the business
- Performing tasks and responsibilities in a complete and timely manner
- Maintaining a creative, team-building, cooperative approach to job performance and seek to bring a constructive, problem-solving orientation to all tasks
- Maintaining an awareness of the agency’s mission and work to promote the positive individual and social change goals it embodies
- Ability to work with diverse staff and excel in a multi-cultural environment
- Fostering a supportive learning environment for the shop’s youth
New Avenues offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com