Hours: Full Time, occasional evenings and weekends
Location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $40,000 $45,000 DOE
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
This position requires an intuitive, flexible, resourceful individual to provide high level day to day administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director and to the Development Team. The position includes scheduling, computer work, database management, answering phones, addressing visitors, donor relations, and general office management in addition to some communications related assignments. This person will routinely assist with preparation of board and various committee meetings including the taking of minutes. The candidate must be flexible, able to support people with different work styles, work well as part of a team, and have the ability think critically on how to accomplish tasks in a timely manner. The ability to manage time effectively, be well organized, and handle many tasks is essential to being successful in this position.
The ideal candidate is an assertive professional who is both self-assured and self-reliant. Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills are vital in this role. Attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and presenting in a cooperative, positive manner are also a must. Experience in a fast-paced office setting required. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook also required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven ability to provide high level administrative support to Executive Director
- Desire and wherewithal to support and assist with Development Team initiatives as needed
- Knowhow to manager scheduling and calendar events for the Executive Director and Development Director
- Experience taking meeting minutes and assisting with preparation and set-up of board and committee meetings.
- Ability to handle multiple general office duties including clerical, phone, and computer work (Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, Doodle’s, Group emails).
- Greets people who enter New Avenues administrative offices and identifies their needs; assisting accordingly
- Organizing the front office and maintaining office supplies and distribution
- Willingness to assist in solicitation and distribution of in-kind donations
- Completes various errands as assigned
New Avenues for Youth offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org