Location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000 DOE
Hours: Full-time, flexible schedule required
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues is a social services agency working in partnership with the Portland area community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 21st year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people experience health, wellbeing, and a self-determined home. We understand that racism, poverty, and experiences of oppression lead to social injustice and housing instability for youth. Due to current and historical exploitation and racism, youth of color are disproportionally impacted. In order to advance equity at New Avenues and fulfill our mission, we must address how privilege has shaped our organizational culture, policies, and practices.
New Avenues believes equity is an ongoing commitment without closure; in taking risks, we will learn from our mistakes. We will listen to and learn from young people’s lived experiences. We will seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to simplify or silence hard truths. We make these commitments because we believe in social justice and the inherent human dignity of each individual.
The Development Officer is a member of the Development and Communications Team at New Avenues for Youth. Under the guidance of the Development Director, the Associate Development Officer will work to reach development goals for the organization through the implementation of the annual development plan. This position will be a key leader on the development team and will oversee a portfolio of special events, individual, corporate and foundation relationships and will help drive the organization’s vision ad mission forward. This position interacts with staff, and board members to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporate and major gifts from both new prospects and existing donors. In addition, as part of a Development and Communications Team, this person will build and maintain key external relationships while working with staff to develop and implement strategies to increase giving from new and existing donors.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully oversee multiple initiatives simultaneously while balancing both short and long term outcomes
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward a portfolio of individual, corporate and foundation stakeholders
- High degree of competency with making presentations to a variety of constituent groups
- Extreme comfort and proven effectiveness with asking for new and increasing monetary contributions, including cold calling and follow up with new prospects as well as existing donors
- Aptitude to meet the needs of key stakeholders including staff, volunteers, board and community
- Demonstrated achiever driven by self-motivation and initiative
- Ability and desire to work with a diverse, multi-cultural group of clients and staff
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years of experience in non-profit development
- Proven networker with experience in engaging individuals and community groups in philanthropy
- Experience in maintaining broad internal and external network of individual and community relationships
New Avenues offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com