Location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000 DOE
Hours: Full-time, flexible schedule required
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues is a social services agency working in partnership with the Portland area community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 21st year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people experience health, wellbeing, and a self-determined home. We understand that racism, poverty, and experiences of oppression lead to social injustice and housing instability for youth. Due to current and historical exploitation and racism, youth of color are disproportionally impacted. In order to advance equity at New Avenues and fulfill our mission, we must address how privilege has shaped our organizational culture, policies, and practices.
New Avenues believes equity is an ongoing commitment without closure; in taking risks, we will learn from our mistakes. We will listen to and learn from young people’s lived experiences. We will seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to simplify or silence hard truths. We make these commitments because we believe in social justice and the inherent human dignity of each individual.
The Development and Volunteer Associate is a member of the Development and Communications Team at New Avenues for Youth. The primary role of this position is to support the team in implementing the annual development plan. This position will also oversee the agency volunteer program, in-kind donation program and will provide administrative support to the Development and Communications Team. This position will be primarily responsible for the coordination of direct service and special event/administrative volunteers, community outreach and the facilitation of the in-kind donations program and assist with the logistics and execution of successful fundraising and outreach events.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated success with the organization, staff/volunteer management, and completion of planned events
- Proven networker with experience in engaging individuals and community groups in volunteer service
- Aptitude to meet the needs of key stakeholders including staff, volunteers, board and community
- Desire to represent agency at community tabling events and other community outreach events
- Aptitude to manage special event volunteers for the following annual events: Brews for New Avenues, Comedy Event, Classic Wines Auction, Scoop-a-Thon and others as assigned
- Ability and desire to work with a diverse, multi-cultural group of clients and staff
- Raisers Edge or similar constituent database management experience a plus
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of experience in one or more of the following areas: event planning, non-profit development, volunteer management, or other relevant experience
- Proven experience in maintaining broad internal and external network of business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to successfully oversee multiple initiatives simultaneously while balancing both short and long term outcomes
New Avenues offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com