Location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000 DOE
Hours: Full-time, flexible schedule required
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues is a social services agency working in partnership with the Portland area community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 21st year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people experience health, wellbeing, and a self-determined home. We understand that racism, poverty, and experiences of oppression lead to social injustice and housing instability for youth. Due to current and historical exploitation and racism, youth of color are disproportionally impacted. In order to advance equity at New Avenues and fulfill our mission, we must address how privilege has shaped our organizational culture, policies, and practices.
New Avenues believes equity is an ongoing commitment without closure; in taking risks, we will learn from our mistakes. We will listen to and learn from young people’s lived experiences. We will seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to simplify or silence hard truths. We make these commitments because we believe in social justice and the inherent human dignity of each individual.
The Development and Communications Associate works to support various facets of the annual Development and Communications Plan. This position has primary oversight of the Communications Plan, including management of the organization’s public relations needs. This includes press releases, coordinating media events/relations, and speaking opportunities. In partnership with the development team, this position also leads in the creation of all of the organization’s marketing efforts and social media organization.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to create and manage all organizational outward email communications including: Monthly e-newsletter to donors; year-end appeal emails; event-related emails; other communications as needed
- Knowhow to manage organization’s website including creation of event pages, special appeal pages, updating content, reporting on effectiveness of site, etc.
- Responsible for lead creation of all organizational marketing efforts including print collateral for programs, year-end appeals, and our annual report.
- Ability to create and manage all content for social media including Facebook/Twitter/Instagram and, when applicable, manage social media interns.
- Aptitude to design all event marketing materials including programs, presentations, videos, etc.
- Ability to manage associated vendors including printer, graphic design services, and photo services.
- Assist with handling organization’s PR needs including press releases, coordinating media events and media relations, speaking opportunities.
- High level of creativity with a strong background working with various forms of media, including social media platforms such as Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
- Graphic design skills a plus
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the field development/ marketing and/or communications
- Proven experience in maintaining broad internal and external network of business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to successfully oversee multiple initiatives simultaneously while balancing both short and long term outcomes
New Avenues offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org