Location: Portland, OR
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000 DOE
Hours: Full-time, flexible schedule required
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people experience health, wellbeing, and a self-determined home. We understand that racism, poverty, and experiences of oppression lead to social injustice and housing instability for youth. Due to current and historical exploitation and racism, youth of color are disproportionally impacted. In order to advance equity at New Avenues and fulfill our mission, we must address how privilege has shaped our organizational culture, policies and practices.
New Avenues believes equity is an ongoing commitment without closure; in taking risks, we will learn from our mistakes. We will listen to and learn from young people’s lived experiences. We will seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to simplify or silence hard truths. We make these commitments because we believe in social justice and the inherent human dignity of each individual.
Under the guidance of the Development Director, the Corporate Relations and Development Officer will lead New Avenues work to secure major and corporate gifts from those who share our values and mission. This position interacts with staff, board members, and friends to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporate and major gifts from both new prospects and existing donors. In this role, the Corporate Relations and Development Officer coordinates and supports corporate partnerships, actively participates in organizational fundraising campaigns, and identifies individual and corporate sponsorships for agency special events. In addition, as part of a five person Development Team, this person will build and maintain key external relationships while working with staff to develop and implement strategies to increase giving from new and existing donors.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven ability to cultivate and steward a portfolio of 75+ major gifts and corporate prospects/donors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability and desire to work with a diverse, multi-cultural group of clients and staff
- Demonstrated achiever driven by self-motivation and initiative
- Engaging, outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills a must
- High degree of competency with making presentations to a variety of constituent groups
- Extreme comfort with asking for new and increasing monetary contributions, including cold calling and follow up with new prospects as well as exist donors
- Existing relationships with Oregon’s philanthropic community a plus
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of personal solicitation experience with a demonstrated record of accomplishment
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree, or related certifications preferred
- Experience working in a non-profit setting with a Volunteer Board preferred
- Experience using a donor database
New Avenues offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org