Salary Range: $33,000 – $36,000 DOE.
Job Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Job Location: Portland, OR
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
The Accounting Clerk performs detailed accounting functions for the organization as assigned under general direction of the Director of Finance & Compliance and Finance Manager, including leading the AP Process, preparing contract billings, and maintaining the purchasing card program.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have good communication and organizational skills, ability to prioritize, ability to adapt to changing processes, meet deadlines, be a self-starter and robust critical thinker, respect and maintain confidentiality, and have a strong work ethic.
- A keen attention to detail and follow-through in a fast-paced and complex work environment is critical for success in this position.
- Preference given to candidates with working experience in Microsoft Dynamics GP and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required, must have completed at least the intermediate college level accounting series, or completed an Associates’ Degree or higher in Accounting, Bookkeeping or a related discipline.
- Must have at least three years of worked experience in Accounts Payable, Bookkeeping or a related function.
New Avenues offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com