Salary Range: $35,000 – $38,000 DOE.
Job Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday
Job Location: Portland, OR
About New Avenues for Youth:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. New Avenues works in partnership with the Portland community to provide homeless, foster-care, and at-risk youth of all backgrounds with the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives. We are a diverse non-profit organization in our 20th year serving youth.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Avenues for Youth imagines a community where all young people thrive and experience health, well-being, and a self-determined home. Historical inequities and intersecting forms of oppression such as racism, poverty, adultism, sexism, homophobia, and ableism, among others contribute to marginalization and exploitation of youth. We believe, to redress youth homelessness and housing instability we must challenge and dismantle racism and other forms of oppression and build relationships within our communities that advance equity.
At New Avenues, advancing equity is an ongoing commitment without closure. We remain open-minded and presume best intentions, knowing that discomfort and conflict are inevitable. We take risks and make and learn from our mistakes. We seek multiple perspectives, strive for transparency, remain humble, and resist the urge to silence hard truths.
The Accounting and Payroll Clerk performs detailed accounting and payroll functions for the organization as assigned under general direction of the Director of Finance & Compliance and Finance Manager in collaboration with the Human Resources group, including leading the organization’s bi-weekly payroll process, maintaining the accounting transactions for New Avenues’ portfolio of social purpose enterprises, and assisting in ad hoc and routine tasks.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Must have good communication and organizational skills, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, be a self-starter and robust critical thinker, respect and maintain confidentiality, and have a strong work ethic.
- A keen attention to detail and follow-through in a fast-paced and complex work environment is critical for success in this position.
- Preference given to candidates with working experience in either Microsoft Dynamics GP or QuickBooks Online and familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Experience in Paychex Flex or a similar mid-market payroll product highly preferred.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required. An Associates’ degree or higher in Accounting, Business Management or Human Resources is preferred.
- Must have at least two years of worked experience in Payroll or Human Resources.
- Experience working in a payroll environment with grant- or project-based billing and complex allocations preferred.
New Avenues offers a very generous benefits package. To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include where you came across this opportunity in your response. You can learn more about New Avenues by visiting our website at http://www.newavenues.org/contact-us/employment-opportunities. New Avenues for Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com