New Avenues for Youth gratefully accepts in-kind donations of needed items to support our programs and the youth we serve at our 1220 SW Columbia Street location Monday-Friday between 9:00am- 4:00pm.
Due to limited storage capacity, we ask that you contact us prior to donation drop-off at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.517.3900 to confirm that we are able to accept your donation.
- New socks & underwear
- New or gently used seasonal and age-appropriate clothing (ages 16-24), especially men’s clothing. Please be selective when donating clothing and only donate items that young people would want to wear and are appropriate for the weather.
- Backpacks (school sized and camping size)
- Shoes/boots in good condition
- New hygiene items including: toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, soap (travel size), non-latex condoms
- Sleeping bags
- New make-up and beauty supplies
- Art supplies
- Musical instruments and accessories
- School supplies
- Board games
- Books for youth (ages 16-24)
We also welcome household items to help youth transitioning into independent living – review our “My First Place” list here.