101% Gueuze Tasting – Hosted by Bokkereyder’s Raf Souvereyns
Thursday, August 23rd
We are thrilled to welcome Bokkereyder’s Raf Souvereyns to host his 101% Gueuze Tasting as part of this year’s Brews for New Avenues series of events! Three tasting sessions will be held on Thursday, August 23rd and limited to 10 people per session.
Tasting sessions offered:
Due to limited space, we are offering admission to this event as an auction package and invite you to bid in order to secure your spot! Click below to learn how.AUCTION INSTRUCTIONS
Here’s how it works:
- Until noon PST June 8th, you may bid for up to 2 admissions (not to be resold) by submitting your information as instructed below.**
- The 30 highest bids will receive admission, with the highest bids getting first choice of session time.
- If multiple bidders are tied for the final lowest winning bids, the winners will be selected based upon the time their bid was received with the earliest/first submitted bid(s) winning out.
In order to submit your bid and subsequent bid updates, please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line “Tasting” and provide the following information:
- Name of purchaser
- Number of desired spots (maximum 2)
- Bid amount (must be the same for each spot if bidding on 2 spots)
Don’t miss out on your chance to be part of this special lambic exploration tasting – email today with your bid to secure your spot!
AUCTION IS NOW CLOSED. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BEFORE END OF BUSINESS DAY JUNE 8TH.
Lambic beers have a sense of place unlike any other beer style. Although the breweries are located in the same Pajottenland area, every brewery houses its own mix of native yeasts and bacteria, freely flowing through the air and falling down in the wort during its overnight exposure to the air in the coolship. In this tasting, we’re going to explore four different lambics and four different gueuze blends.
First, we’ll taste four lambics side by side to discover the different aromas, flavors, and characteristics. Then we’ll taste four gueuze blends made with the same lambics. Each gueuze blend has 50% of one lambic and equal proportions of the other lambics. Through this tasting, we can discover how the different lambics develop together in the bottle. Every participant gets eight glasses (7 cl each) so we can compare all the different beers throughout the tasting session.
The four lambics include:
- 1 yr-old Girardin
- 1 yr-old De Troch
- 1 yr-old Lindemans
- 1 yr-old Bokkereyder
The four gueuzes include:
- 50% Girardin, 17% De Troch, 17% Lindemans, 17% Bokkereyder
- 50% De Troch, 17% Girardin, 17$ Lindemans, 17% Bokkereyder
- 50% Lindemans, 17% Girardin, 17% De Troch, 17% Bokkereyder
- 50% Bokkereyder, 17% Girardin, 17% De Troch, 17% Lindemans